Atletico Madrid will play in bold new home and away kits next season that celebrate the club's successes and heritage.
The new home kit is inspired by one of the club’s most successful eras. The red and blue throughout the uniform are a shade darker than usual to represent the colours Atletico wore when they won the Spanish Cup and Spanish League title in the 1965-66 season.
The body of the shirt boasts Atletico’s famous red-and-white stripes while the sleeves are red with a white band near the cuff. A striking red collar with blue filled V-neck is inspired by the collar of the club's jersey from the 1960s.
Inside the neck is a label boasting a new and inspirational motto for the club: "110 Años de Leyenda 1903 – 2013 A Team for the World” to honor the club’s 110 year anniversary. On the back is a small Spanish flag also bearing the club’s name to celebrate national pride.
The new home shorts are blue, while the home socks are red with a white band at the top and a white block on the back.
In a departure from the dark blue and black used in Atletico's away kits in recent years, next season's away kit is inspired by the vibrant colours of the club's crest.
Atletico’s crest is framed by a thin yellow border, with a blue block containing the seven stars derived from the city of Madrid’s coat of arms, diagonally opposite a red-and-white block of stripes.
The shirt boasts a modern blocking design of yellow in the centre with a thinner blue block on each side. This design is repeated on the back of the shirt as well.
The shirt has a blue crossover V-neck collar with yellow trim, and blue sleeves with a yellow band near the cuff. As with the home jersety, a label inside the neck reads: "110 Años de Leyenda 1903 – 2013 A Team for the World” to honor the club’s 110 year anniversary. On the back of the shirt is a small Spanish flag also bearing the club’s name to celebrate national pride.
The new away shorts are blue with a thin yellow stripe along each side, while the away socks are yellow with a blue-and-yellow band at the top and a blue block on the back.
The kits showcase Nike’s belief in style, craft and pride while aiding the performance of players with key technological features.
- The kit is made from recycled polyester as part of Nike’s commitment to produce performance apparel with reduced environmental impact. The shirt and shorts of each kit are made from up to thirteen recycled plastic water bottles.
- In the pioneering process, plastic bottles are chopped into flakes, then melted down to form yarn that is spun into fabric, reducing energy consumption by up to 30 percent compared to manufacturing virgin polyester.
- Since 2010, Nike has diverted more than 1.1 billion plastic bottles from landfill through the use of recycled polyester.
FABRIC AND NIKE DRI-FIT
- The kit weighs just 150 grams, 23 percent lighter than previous Nike kits. It also boasts a 20 percent stronger knit structure and significantly improved stretch.
- The fabric uses Nike Dri-FIT technology to draw sweat away from the body through the fabric where it can evaporate, to keep players cool and dry.
- Ventilation zones, consisting of tiny laser-cut holes, feature under the arms on both sides, as well as at the shorts waistband, to allow additional comfort and cooling. A mesh panel across the entire back increases air circulation.
FIT AND CONSTRUCTION
- The shirt has been crafted with bonded T-bars to support the seams at key points and inner welded seams with a clean finish to give a more striking appearance, while also increasing comfort and performance.
NIKE PRO COMBAT
- To complete the ultimate playing uniform for modern football, Nike Pro Combat baselayer is supplied to be worn underneath the match-day kit, offering players greater comfort and impact protection.
- The Nike Pro Combat range of long-sleeve and short-sleeve tops made of sweat-wicking fabric allows players to keep cool and dry in hot conditions, and warm and dry when the weather becomes cold. The slider shorts feature extra padding and thigh protection to absorb impact so players can go to ground and tackle with greater confidence.