F.C. Internazionale’s Home and Away shirts created by Nike for the 2013-14 season are inspired by the city of Milan, home of Inter and fashion capital of the world.
The design of the home shirt is bold and stylish with vertical stripes this year are in a darker shade of blue. The width of the bands recalls the historic shirt from 50 years ago, when Herrera’s Inter won its first Cup Winners’ Cup.
Attention to detail is the dominant feature of the whole kit. The neck of the new shirt is formed by a grandfather collar. At the back is a stylish insert inspired by high fashion. The shirt also has two side splits with black inserts.
The shorts are black with a blue stripe on either side, and the socks have two horizontal blue lines at the back, again on a black background.
The design of the new away shirt is clearly inspired by classic menswear with the idea of offering the club an even more stylish, refined kit.
The away shirt is dominated by white, interrupted by the blue collar and the two horizontal black and blue stripes on the cuffs of the sleeves.
Also in this kit is the distinctive grandfather collar with white insert at the back. The shorts are white with a blue stripe on the side, and the socks are white with a vertical black-blue stripe at the back.
Both the home and away shirts are decorated inside the neck with a red-and-white cross, the coat of arms of the city of Milan — capital of style and fashion.
The F.C. Internationale kits produced by Nike for the next season also show a commitment to contribute to players’ performance through continuous technological innovation.
The new kit showcases Nike's commitment to provide players with the latest performance innovation and reduced impact on the environment.
- The shirt and short of each kit are made from up to 13 recycled plastic water bottles. In a pioneering process, plastic bottles are chopped into flakes, then melted down to form yarn that is spun into polyester fabric, reducing energy consumption by up to 30 percent, compared to manufacturing virgin polyester.
- Since 2010, Nike has diverted more than 1.1 billion plastic bottles from landfill through the use of recycled polyester.
LIGHTER AND COOLER WITH NIKE DRI-FIT
- The kit weighs just 150 grams, 23 percent lighter than previous kits. It boasts a 20 percent stronger knit structure and significantly improved stretch.
- The fabric uses Nike Dri-FIT technology to draw sweat away from the body and through the fabric where it can evaporate, helping to keep players cool and dry.
- Underarm and waistband ventilation zones of tiny laser-cut holes allow additional comfort and cooling. A mesh panel across the entire back increases air circulation.
FIT AND CONSTRUCTION
- The shirt’s bonded T-bars support the seams at key points and inner-welded seams have a clean finish to give a more striking appearance, while also increasing comfort and performance.