Nike and Italian champions Juventus today present the club's away kit for the 2013-14 season. The color scheme reflects the club's strong link to its home city of Turin, whose colors are yellow and blue. The kit design is inspired by the club's winning past while the contemporary look aligns with the big challenges it will face in Europe in the new season.
The shirt worn by Juventus during its glorious 1983-84 Cup Winners’ Cup victory serves as specific inspiration for the new jersey. The sleeves are edged with two horizontal stripes in black and white to reflect the traditional colours of Juventus.
The shirt has a stylish polo cut and modern fit. Design details include a yellow collar with black-and-white border, and the club shield with founding year 1897 set inside the neck. Two side splits in the shirt with contrasting blue inserts match the shorts.
The new away shorts are blue with a yellow Swoosh at the hem of the left leg, and the socks are yellow.
The kit showcases Nike’s belief in style, craft and pride while aiding the performance of players with key technological features.
- The kit is made from recycled polyester as part of Nike’s commitment to produce performance apparel with reduced environmental impact. The shirt and shorts of each kit are made from up to thirteen recycled plastic water bottles.
- In the pioneering process, plastic bottles are chopped into flakes, then melted down to form yarn that is spun into fabric, reducing energy consumption by up to 30 percent compared to manufacturing virgin polyester.
- Since 2010, Nike has diverted more than 1.1 billion plastic bottles from landfill through the use of recycled polyester.
FABRIC AND NIKE DRI-FIT
- The kit weighs just 150 grams, 23 percent lighter than previous Nike kits. It also boasts a 20 percent stronger knit structure and significantly improved stretch.
- The fabric uses Nike Dri-FIT technology to draw sweat away from the body through the fabric where it can evaporate, to keep players cool and dry.
- Ventilation zones, consisting of tiny laser-cut holes, feature under the arms on both sides, as well as at the shorts waistband, to allow additional comfort and cooling. A mesh panel across the entire back increases air circulation.
FIT AND CONSTRUCTION
- The shirt has been crafted with bonded T-bars to support the seams at key points and inner welded seams with a clean finish to give a more striking appearance, while also increasing comfort and performance.