Today, Nike introduced the Winter 2014 Ice Hockey National Team jersey for the Czech Republic. Unveiled as part of a special installation during the annual Designblok exhibition in Prague, the jersey fuses the nation’s rich history of ice hockey with a clean, modern design.
“We hope that this new jersey takes a deserving place in the history of national hockey and becomes a symbol of team spirit and pride,” said Martina Vránková, Brand Director of Nike Central Europe. “This will enable the athletes to represent their country whilst the world is watching.”
Paying homage to the Czech Republic and representing national pride, the new design features an enlarged crest on the front of the jersey. The prominent use of white, blue and red amplifies the Czech flag and unmistakably identifies the team around the world.
“We know how much pride athletes have when they pull on the jersey for their country and at Nike, we are constantly striving to provide our athletes with the best products that will give them a competitive edge on the ice,” said Ken Black, Creative Director for Nike.
Streamlined design lines and lighter graphics remove distractions and allow range of motion to be maximized, showcasing Nike’s commitment to aiding the performance of players with key technological benefits.
The new Ice Hockey jersey will be available in retail from December 2013.
- Nike Flywire reinforces the neck area while providing a closer fit to prevent slipping. The aesthetic also provides a nod to the traditional ice hockey lace neck design.
- Reduced seaming eliminates weight and creates a more traditional blocked look.
- Recycled polyester embraces sustainable innovation without compromising performance. Each jersey is made from about seventeen plastic bottles and the socks use approximately five plastic bottles.
- Lightweight premium letters and numbers shave off unnecessary weight.
- Zoned ventilation and articulated sleeves for ventilation and maximum range of motion.
- Stretch open hole mesh under arm for added ventilation.