In partnership with the Ice Hockey Federation of Slovakia, Nike unveiled the Slovakian Ice Hockey National Team jersey for 2014 winter competition. The new jersey was launched with the help of Milan Bartovic, of the Men’s Slovakian National Ice Hockey Team, and features a clean, modern design.
“The design of the Slovakian National Team jersey is striking,” said Milan Bartovic, of the Men’s Slovakian National Ice Hockey Team. “I hope that all of our players and fans like the new jersey as much as I do. I really enjoy the new fit and material. It is lightweight, breathable and very comfortable.”
The new design pays homage to the nation with an enlarged crest at the center front of the jersey that symbolizes Slovakia’s heritage. The Slovakian national anthem is scripted through the jersey creating clean-cut lines, which flow symmetrically on the upper half of the jersey. The predominant use of white, blue and red represents the Slovakian flag and allows players to have their nation close to their heart as they play with pride.
“When designing the new uniforms we were very purposeful in our approach of blending a respect of the Slovakian past while embracing future technology,” said Ken Black, Creative Director for Nike. “We know how much pride athletes have when they pull on the jersey for their country and at Nike, we are constantly striving to provide our athletes with the best products that will give them a competitive edge on the ice.”
Streamlined design lines and lighter graphics remove distractions and allow range of motion to be maximized, showcasing Nike’s commitment to aiding the performance of players with key technological benefits.
The new jersey will be available in December 2013.
- Nike Flywire reinforces the neck area while providing a closer fit to prevent slipping. The aesthetic also provides a nod to the traditional lace neck design.
- Reduced seaming eliminates weight and creates a more traditional blocked look.
- Recycled polyester embraces sustainable innovation without compromising performance. Each jersey is made from about seventeen plastic bottles and the socks use approximately five plastic bottles.
- Lightweight premium letters and numbers shave off unnecessary weight.
- Zoned ventilation and articulated sleeves for ventilation and maximum range of motion.
- Stretch open hole mesh under arm for added ventilation.