In the quest for a title, protecting your own turf is key, but character and greatness are built on the road, in the harsh environs of the opponent. The away team relies on its unified energy, collective swagger and every advantage to compete -- each opposing player and fan standing in the way of victory.
This college basketball season, select men’s and women’s Nike and Jordan Brand teams will face that challenge in new away uniform designs. The Nike Hyper Elite Road Jersey and Nike Hyper Elite Short offer lightweight performance through sustainable materials. The short is made of 100% recycled polyester while the jersey is made from at least 96% recycled polyester -- an average of 22 recycled plastic bottles per uniform. A logo inspired by each team’s home court appears on the jersey’s center chest, a piece of “home away from home” to wear with pride. The back nameplate also features iconic references to the team’s mascot and home crowd.
Gonzaga, Michigan State, Baylor, Villanova and Southern California have revealed the new designs. Coming up:
- Ohio State Buckeyes: Feb. 5
- North Carolina Tar Heels: Feb. 9
- Stanford Cardinal (Women): Feb. 15
- Georgetown Hoyas: Feb. 15
- Kentucky Wildcats: Feb. 16
- Duke Blue Devils: Feb. 16
- Texas Longhorns: Feb. 16
- Connecticut Huskies (Women): March 4
Additional features of the Nike Hyper Elite Road Jersey include:
- 3D-structured Dri-FIT fabric pulls sweat away to help reduce cling
- Slim cut reduces bulkiness
- Nike Aerographics construction provides lightweight ventilation
- Heat-transferred, sublimated lightweight twill logos, numbers and graphics
Additional features of the Nike Hyper Elite Road Short include:
- Laser-cut perforations increase ventilation
- Lightweight Dri-FIT stretch woven fabric moves with the player
- Waistband’s silicone elastic grips for a secure, comfortable fit. Engineered perforations enhance ventilation and comfort
- Unique sublimated pattern on the side panel
The men’s teams will also wear the Nike Hyper Elite Tourney Warm-Up Hoody, which offers functional tailoring for optimal mobility and performance fleece to help keep you warm and comfortable on your way to and from the game.
The Nike Hyper Elite Road Jersey ($120), Nike Hyper Elite Road Short ($80) and Nike Hyper Elite Warm-Up Hoody ($75) will be available at Nike.com.