The Nike Maxim Ball is the symbol of the revamped partnership with 'Serie A' and will be used during the 2012-2013 season. Inspired by the three colors of the Italian flag the ball was premiered today by the young talents of The Chance.
The Chance is an international scouting project for new talents launched by Nike all over the world and it will have its Italian finals held at an official 'Serie A' pitch, the Juventus Stadium, on July 11.
The new Nike Maxim Ball features design and performance innovations for enhanced responsiveness, touch and flight stability for accurate passing and striking.
“Nike will provide us with our official game ball for the sixth consecutive season,” said Maurizio Beretta, President of Serie A League, “In recent years, players, goalkeepers and coaches have recognized the quality of Nike balls and we’re sure that the Nike Maxim Ball will also be highly appreciated by athletes and followers. The use of the tricolour from the Italian flag will be a good omen for the three-year revamped partnership with Nike and celebrates the return of Italy to Europe’s elite football”.
The ball of choice for the best leagues in the world including the English Premier League, Serie A and La Liga the Nike Maxim ball features Nike RaDaR (Rapid Decision and Response). The technology allows players to see the ball better and capitalize on split second scoring and passing opportunities. The bold geometric graphic generates strong visual power. Optimal use of bright colours and sharp contrast – with a reference to the tricolour - means the ball will be more easily seen both by spectators and players.
To maximize performance on receiving and distribution a five layer construction guarantee optimal first touch while a 360 sweet spot allow consistent response off the foot. The Geo II Balanced Technology -- an aerodynamic textured casing -- delivers accurate and powerful strike, no matter where you hit the ball.
Design specifications: the 5 layers.
- PU with micro-grooves: textured casing that stabilizes ball flight to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Flexible nitrogen-expanded foam gives superior touch and consistent feel in all weather conditions.
- Responsive rubber stores energy from impact and releases it at launch for power and speed.
- A layer of polyester support fabric enhances the structure and stability of the ball for durability.
- The fifth layer is the bladder made in six-wing carbon-latex air chamber that provides explosive acceleration off the foot and superior air retention.