The Chicago Bears celebrate a return to greatness and rich tradition by elevating the significance of an important symbol on the Nike Elite 51 Uniform. To honor this renewed commitment, the thick white stripes of the George S. Halas era are restored to prominence on the sleeves, after getting smaller over the years. A revolutionary player, inventor and coach, the return of the GSH stripe represents the never-wavering memory of Halas’ impact on the Bears’ community. His legacy has never been stronger, and the bold stripes are a reminder of his legacy. In addition, the TV numbers move up to the shoulders, for maximum visual impact.
ELITE 51 Uniform Explore the next generation in superior lightweight performance. See the full innovation of the Nike Elite 51 Uniform.
Launch the interactive tech sheet.
In addition to the new design aesthetic, the Bears have chosen to take full Nike innovation in the uniform including Flywire technology to reduce weight and provide a lockdown fit over the pads. The uniform is completely engineered from the inside out, creating a system where the baselayer, padding, jersey and pant work in concert with each other. A few of the new innovations include increasing sleeve articulation for better range of motion and integrating new four-way stretch fabrication to provide a streamlined shrink-wrap fit.
In addition to serving as the Bears on-field supplier for uniforms, sideline apparel, practice wear and baselayer, Nike will also provide men’s and women’s fan wear apparel. Athletes will also be able to wear the Nike Vapor Jet 2.0 Glove featuring the interlocking team logo on the palms.
Key features of the Nike Elite 51 Uniform include:
- LIGHTER - The Nike jersey and pant, wet or dry are lighter than previous versions
- FLYWIRE TECHNOLOGY- Eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit
- ZONED MESH VENTILATION – Provides cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation
- ZONED STRENGTH - High tenacity, stretch material, for lightweight lockdown strength.
- CUT FOR MOBILITY – Four-way stretch, hydrophobic materials enable range of motion wet or dry.
- STRETCH TWILL NUMBERS – Four-way stretch even on numbering system
- CUSTOMIZABLE BASELAYER PADDING – Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong baselayer with integrated lightweight, Deflex padding offering customizable flexible protection.
- DEFLEX PADDING - Lightweight, flexible impact protection integrated into top “hit zone” areas
- ALUMINUM D-RING BELT - Aircraft-grade aluminum D-ring belt reduces weight.