Nike Athlete Tiger Woods claimed an impressive fourth win of the season this weekend at The Players Championship. As he held off the field to capture his 78th career PGA Tour victory, Woods took full advantage of his 14 Nike clubs and new Nike TW’14 shoe, which he debuted in the practice round last Tuesday.
The Nike TW’14 footwear improves upon last year’s TW’13, dellivering enhanced fit, feel and function. It features a natural-motion engineered outsole that allows Woods to keep contact with the ground longer, better harnessing the energy of the foot to the shoe and, therefore, the shoe to the ground.
On a tight course with even tighter driver landing areas, Woods’ VR_S Covert 3 and 5 fairway woods were key to his victory. The VR_S Covert features high-speed cavity back technology, moving weight to the perimeter to increase forgiveness and add even more distance to off-center shots.
First in par-5 scoring for the week, distance and control were imperative to his win.
“It was going so far out there," said Woods. "Like on 18, I had 200 yards to the hole, and I hit a little 8-iron in there and it flew flag high. 3-woods were going over 300 yards. My 5-wood was getting out there near 300.”
Woods continues his streak as No. 1 putter on Tour, with Method technology proving instrumental in his last seven PGA Tour wins for the Swoosh. The Nike Method franchise features Nike’s polymetal groove technology, generating a faster forward roll at impact for increased accuracy and less skid.
Woods also wore apparel from the Nike TW Collection available now in stores.
Woods’s Nike Golf Arsenal
- Driver: Nike VR Tour 9.5-degree (Mitsubishi Diamana White Board 73X)
- Fairway Wood: Nike VR_S Covert 3-wood/15-degree and Nike VR_S Covert 5-wood/19-degree
- Irons: Nike VR Pro Blade (3-PW)
- Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56-degree and 60-degree
- Putter: Nike Method 001
- Ball: Nike ONE Tour D
- Footwear: Nike TW’14
- Apparel: Nike Tiger Woods Collection
Nike Golf’s 2013 PGA Tour Victories
- Tiger Woods- The Players Championship
- Tiger Woods- WGC Cadillac Championship
- Tiger Woods - Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Scott Brown- Puerto Rico Open
- Tiger Woods- Farmers Insurance Open
- Russell Henley- Sony Open
Nike Golf’s 2013 International Victories
- Scott Jamieson – The Nelson Mandela Championship (European Tour)
- Charl Schwartzel – Alfred Dunhill Championship (European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2013 LPGA Tour Victories
- Suzann Pettersen- LPGA LOTTE Championship
Nike Golf’s 2013 Ladies International Victories
- Suzann Pettersen- Mission Hills World Ladies’ Golf Championship